Saturday 18 December 2010

Potter is Potty



Just been thinking about Harry Potter (don't know why, I must have had a flashback or something) but there is one thing that just gets right on my wick each and every time that I see or hear about the little be-speckled spaz of a wizard. If you were indeed magical and therefore could make anything fly, why would you choose a bastard broomstick? It just makes no sense at all and I can easily think of a lot of household things that would be far more suited to flying around town on.

  • Chair
  • Cushions
  • Bicycles
  • Scooter
  • Skateboard
Like every boy in the eighties that saw Michael J Fox flying around on a skateboard in the all time classic movie that is 'Back to the future,' I'm sure that we have all shared in at least two glorious visions. Yes!!  you all know what I'm talking about I'm sure, 'hoverboards' and shagging Lea Thompson have been my fantasy that have kept me going through the constant heartache that was the real future.

I am no fool though and given the odds against a rendevouz with the Hollywood sex kitten (Lea not Michael) I have held on to the fantasy of whizzing around town on a floaty board as my number one priority.

Surely this alone is enough evidence of the stupidity of the movie (and books) and I urge all you free thinking, hot blooded, males (and females) out there, who like me, would have given the chance of mysterious powers would have  given it a bit more forethought on our selection of flying machines.

I would have certainly watched the movie past the quidditch part without shouting out loud and proud 'now that's just stupid, wheres the remote?'

Harry Potter, Harry Wanker more like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment